Publisher's Notes

Thank you for stopping by NYC Mood Swings. As like everyone else I have mood swings, especially with all the turmoil in this Country and around the World. Here is where I unleash my opinions, thoughts, hopes and fears. Get involved in the discussion and leave a comment. I would like to give advance thanks to all media that I use to express my views here. Enjoy.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I Should Start Looking for a New Job

My stomach was so nervous this morning as I sat on the sofa with coffee in hand, news on the television and blogging on the laptop. I felt as though I was having an anxiety attack. I knew someting was wrong, but wasn't sure exactly what. I get to work about 1:30p everything seemed as status quo. There was one thing different all of the higher ups were locked in the conference room. I still didn't see anything wrong at that point. So I carried on as usual since it's Monday before pay day I had to do payroll so I approached my boss to ask about Holiday pay for the part timers. He pulled me to the side and said that I should start looking for another job. He explained that they will be laying off all across the board. I was numb and just went into auto pilot, he wasn't sure when or if it is definite.

My partner of 7 years has been laid off since May and now both of us will be on unemployment. Will we be able to survive? My next thought was my health insurance.

I have been frustrated for along time trying to nuture my own business and maintain a full time job. So the best way for me to handle this is believing


things happen for a reason. I'll keep you posted.

-- Post From LadySway's Iphone

1 comment:

  1. I'm worried, though I'm happy you are not completely in the dark.

    ReplyDelete