Publisher's Notes

Thank you for stopping by NYC Mood Swings. As like everyone else I have mood swings, especially with all the turmoil in this Country and around the World. Here is where I unleash my opinions, thoughts, hopes and fears. Get involved in the discussion and leave a comment. I would like to give advance thanks to all media that I use to express my views here. Enjoy.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Where the HELL is my NY State Tax refund????

I Filed for my taxes on January 15th and received my federal 4 days later. I am still waiting for my state. As I search the web I find that most people are in the same situation. I don't understand why would the state think it's a good idea to delay funds from people who are in financial crisis mode. So many are unemployed and if they have qualified for unemployment the most they can receive in New York State is $405. a week. This is a fraction of what most of us are used to living on. Governor Patterson and the rest of the employed politician in Albany could careless that there are people struggling to survive and that their refunds (which were earned) are being withheld. So this bad situation is being made worse. I stmbled upon this link to an Albany News Paper which discusses the refund delay problem in New York State. Click here to read more http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/582622.html. I need my money!!!!


Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment