Publisher's Notes

Thank you for stopping by NYC Mood Swings. As like everyone else I have mood swings, especially with all the turmoil in this Country and around the World. Here is where I unleash my opinions, thoughts, hopes and fears. Get involved in the discussion and leave a comment. I would like to give advance thanks to all media that I use to express my views here. Enjoy.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Times are hard...

It's the Saturday before Christmas and still more layoffs or layoff related issues. my cousin text me Thurs. evening to say he was just laid off and Friday is his last day. The Friday before Christmas. And if that wasn't bad enough a former employee at my job who was laid off almost 2 months ago filed for unemployment this past week. After applying the STATE of New York decided that would be a good time to audit him. Which turns out that he owes and has to pay his balance by January 9th.

I don't understand how in this economy why the State of New York would look for payment from someone who has lost their job and looking for assistance. What since does that make? Where do they think the money for payment is going to come from? After paying rent, electric and food there isn't any extra funds.

Let's hope that in 2009 more jobs will be available, which is the brain that my cousin is working out of.

No comments:

Post a Comment