Publisher's Notes

Thank you for stopping by NYC Mood Swings. As like everyone else I have mood swings, especially with all the turmoil in this Country and around the World. Here is where I unleash my opinions, thoughts, hopes and fears. Get involved in the discussion and leave a comment. I would like to give advance thanks to all media that I use to express my views here. Enjoy.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Getting Ready for a New: Change for 2009

I don't usually believe in New Year's Resolutions but have to say I am really pumped to start. I haven't spoken on the election since I abandoned this blog for a while. GO! OBAMA! I was so intrigued with this year's election like never before. It made me realize that our country i in need of drastic changes and what better way to start then with the first black president. Someone who has been in the trenches for most of his career, as well as his Vice President. That's what our country is in dier need of, an administration that isn't so far removed from everyday people.

With this new president coming into office it really began to give me a boost of hope as well as doing some self evaluation. I have come to the conclusion that my life is spiraling out of control: neglecting my health, gaining over 40 lbs., over spending and lack of motivation. So like Obama said the government can only do but so much we as Americans need to take responsibilty for our lives. And that's what I'm going to do! So, here I am ready to start my "New Year's Resolution"...I've let so much go that I have to actully sit down a create a plan as not to overwhelm myself. Here's my list of things I would like to accomplish this upcoming year:
  • Loose weight (40 lbs.)
  • Become more disciplined
  • Get my health in order
  • Get more intuned with my spiritality
  • Start my own business
  • Take control of my finances
  • Volunteer more.
Not exactly in this order, I do know that "Discipline" needs to be my starting point. So wish me luck, this is crucial to my well being...And I am determined to make it work. That's it for now gotta get ready for work..talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment