Publisher's Notes

Thank you for stopping by NYC Mood Swings. As like everyone else I have mood swings, especially with all the turmoil in this Country and around the World. Here is where I unleash my opinions, thoughts, hopes and fears. Get involved in the discussion and leave a comment. I would like to give advance thanks to all media that I use to express my views here. Enjoy.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's Christmas time in the city...

Here we are another Holiday Season aka Christmas. As I get older I become more and more confused as to what Christmas really means and the purpose it should serve. I thought it was supposed to be a spiritual event not all about who bought the biggest and who received the latest. Christmas Shopping


This new Christmas has become a depressing stressful holiday, especially in this economy. Why do we feel going in debt is a celebration. It's not! What happened to church, family, support and just plan old loving thy neighbor and let's not forget celebrating the birth of Christ. The birth of Christ. If there has never been a better time to go back to traditional Christmas now is the time. Go to church on on Christmas eve, come home and exchange gifts within the immediate family that are more personal than expensive. Have a quiet dinner and show appreciation for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment