Publisher's Notes

Thank you for stopping by NYC Mood Swings. As like everyone else I have mood swings, especially with all the turmoil in this Country and around the World. Here is where I unleash my opinions, thoughts, hopes and fears. Get involved in the discussion and leave a comment. I would like to give advance thanks to all media that I use to express my views here. Enjoy.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

More Fare Hikes?




The MTA held there public meeting today to announce their plan to raise fares and cut services. How does that work in the same sentence, they're basically saying charge you more for less.

A rider reached for his shoe and yelled "This shoe is for you!" at MTA chief Elliot Sander during a board meeting Wednesday morning in which proposed fare hikes were approved.

Shouting "You made $300,000 last year and this shoe is for you!," Stephen Millies, 54, of Jackson Heights, was trying to remove his shoe when security stopped him.


This was a definite reference to the Sundays episode at a news conference in Baghdad in which President George W. Bush ducked two shoes thrown at him by an Iraqi journalist who yelled at Bush in Arabic.

No comments:

Post a Comment